Yuli Gurriel leads the Houston Astros (43-28) in a clash against Cedric Mullins and the Baltimore Orioles (23-48) Monday at 7:05 p.m. ET at Oriole Park in Camden Yards. Gurriel hits 0.316, the league’s eighth-best batting average, for the favorite Astros (-175), while Mullins ranks sixth in MLB play with a 0.319 batting average this season for the underdog Orioles ( +148). Houston’s Jake Odorizzi and Baltimore’s Keegan Akin will start this game.
The betting information and predictions in this article reflects DraftKings betting data as of June 21, 2021 at 2:00 a.m. ET. See the table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet on DraftKings Sportsbook.
Astros vs Orioles betting odds
|Odorizzi (HOU)||Launcher||Akin (BAL)|
|1 – 3||W / L||0 – 2|
|9.2||K / 9||8.2|
|2.8||BB / 9||3.0|
Astros Probable Starter Jake Odorizzi
- Odorizzi (1-3) secures the starting title for the Astros in his seventh start of the season. He’s 5.68 ERA in 25 1/3 innings pitched, with 26 strikeouts.
- In his last timeout – in relief on Wednesday – the right-hander pitched four scoreless innings against the Rangers while allowing two hits.
- The opposing Orioles’ offense is 0.238 batting average and is 15th in the league with 561 total hits and 21st in MLB action with 291 runs scored. They have 11th overall slugging percentage (0.400) and 15th in home runs (83) in the overall MLB.
- The Astros are 2-3 in Odorizzi’s five starts this season with Houston as the silver line favorite.
Starting pitcher projections reflect team information as of June 21, 2021 at 2:11 a.m.ET and are subject to change until the start of the game.
Orioles vs Odorizzi statistics
Orioles Probable Starter Keegan Akin
- Akin (0-2) will climb the mound for the Orioles and make his fifth start of the season.
- The southpaw allowed eight earned runs and allowed eight hits in 5 2/3 innings pitched against the Indians on Wednesday.
- The Astros are number one in the MLB with a .276 batting average this season. They have a team-hitting percentage that ranks first in the league (0.453) and 94 home runs.
- He and his team have lost each of the seven games he started as a moneyline underdog.
Starting pitcher projections reflect team information as of June 21, 2021 at 2:11 am ET and are subject to change until the start of the game.
Astros betting trends
- The Astros are averaging 5.8 points per game on the road compared to 5.5 per game at home.
- The Astros are the most successful team in baseball averaging 5.6 points per game (399 overall).
- The Astros have won 59.3% of games this season as they were favorites on the silver line (32-22).
- When playing as a Moneyline favorite with odds of -175 or less, Houston is a 10-6 record (winning 62.5% of its games).
- Houston has played 71 games with an over / under set, and combined with opponents to exceed the total 42 times (42-27-2).
- Houston has played the role of the moneyline favorite in nine of its last 10 games and has finished 7-2 in those clashes.
Orioles betting trends
- The Orioles have scored the 21st most points in the league this season at 291 (4.1 per game).
- In 35 home games this season, they have scored 4.7 points per game compared to 3.6 per game away from Oriole Park in Camden Yards.
- The Orioles have won 21, or 32.8%, of the 64 games they have played as underdogs this season.
- Baltimore has been in 24 games this season as an underdog by +148 or higher and is 5-19 in those competitions.
- So far this season, Baltimore and its opponents have scored 34 of their 71 games with a total.
- In 10 games as an underdog in the last 10 clashes, Baltimore is 1-9.
Astros players to watch
- Carlos Correa is hitting .296 with 17 doubles, 14 homers and 37 walks.
- Correa ranks 16th in hits (75), 25th in HR (14), 16th in AVG (.296), ninth in OBP (.389) and 17th in SLG (.530) among qualifying hitters in MLB action.
- Gurriel has accumulated 48 RBIs to lead his team.
- Among MLB qualified hitters, Gurriel’s 75 hits rank 16th, his 48 RBI ranks 11th, his .316 AVG ranks eighth, his .383 OBP ranks 13th, and his .515 SLG ranks 17th.
Astros Batting Statistics (2021)
Oriole players to watch
- Trey Mancini is hitting .272 this season with 14 home runs and 52 RBIs, a team high.
- Mancini ranks 25th in HR (14) and sixth in RBI (52) among MLB skilled hitters.
- Mullins is hitting .319 to lead Baltimore, while adding 13 homers and 25 RBIs this season.
- Mullins is fourth in hits (86), sixth in AVG (.319), 11th in SLG (.552) and 12th in OBP (.387) among qualified hitters in majors.
Orioles Batting Statistics (2021)
Astros vs Orioles Player Accessories
Powered by Data Skrive using data from